How Nsfas Help Students In 2023-2024
How Students Apply For Nsfas Help In 2023-2024
Do you require financial aid to attend a post-secondary institution? Apply for a bursary through the National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS). The national student’s financial aid scheme (NSFAS) is a loan or funding that is provided by the government of South Africa to students who are coming from disadvantaged backgrounds. NSFAS has its own criteria to select people who are eligible or deserve to be funded.
NSFAS only caters for South African citizens by helping the needy students pay their registration fees, tuition fees, and accommodation, and granting them meal allowances and books allowance.
Application for Nsfas 2023-2024 is currently open to all students who have gained admission to a public Tvet College or University to apply for financial support. The application date is opened from the 2nd of November 2022 and closes on the 7th of January 2023. Applicants are therefore urged to apply as soon as possible to prevent their application been denied.
Read: Application For NSFAS 2023-2024 Closing Date
How Does Nsfas Help University Students In 2023-2024
To the students who are enrolled in the public universities of South Africa, the following are some of the benefits they get from Nsfas:
- Tuition fees: NSFAS will cover a course from any university, vocational education and training education if students perform academically well and pass all the modules that are within the course material
- Accommodation: NSFAS will only cover residence accommodation and will not cover any form of private accommodation if students exceed the cost of staying in a university residence
- Transport: Funding will only be provided to students travelling up to 40km from a university which typically accumulates to R10 000 a year.
- Students are also allocated a living allowance amounting to R14 400 per annum
- Students will also receive a book allowance of R5 000 per annum
How Does Nsfas Help Tvet College Students In 2023-2024
To the students who are enrolled in the public Tvet colleges of South Africa, the following are some of the benefits they get from Nsfas:
- Accommodation: Students living in an urban area will receive R24 000 a year, any area between the city centre and the outskirts of a central town will receive a budget of R18 000 per annum and lastly an allowance of R15 000 is allocated for students living in a rural area.
- Transport is only covered for students travelling up to 40km from an institution and the budget amounts to R10 000 per annum.
- In addition, there is a personal care allowance of R2 750 per annum.
- There is also a personal care budget which amounts to R2 850 per annum for students based in catered residences
Based on the amount of cash available each year, all applicants for NSFAS loans will only get funding for a maximum of five years. If a student changes their course of study and it takes them longer than five years to finish their studies, they will be responsible for covering all costs until they graduate.
Contact Details Of Nsfas
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact NSFAS directly:
- Tel: 0860 067 327
- Email: email@example.com
Hope the information given above has been useful to you, you can leave your suggestions in the comments section. Better still, you can visit the official website of Nsfas For more details.