How Much Nsfas Pay Per Month
How Much Allowances Nsfas Pay Per Month; Does NSFAS Pay Full Fees
Every academic year, Nsfas pays funds as allowances to students who have been admitted into the program each month. The Nsfas is a financial program run by the South African Department of Higher Education and Training that offers financial assistance to qualified South African nationals who have applied to or are presently enrolled in one of the country’s public institutions or universities.
The Nsfas bursary provides funding to students for a variety of expenses, including registration fees, tuition fees, housing, transportation, textbooks, and more. If you want to apply for the bursary, the 2024–2025 application period is presently available from November 21st, 2023, to January 31st, 2024.
Who Is Qualified To Be Paid By Nsfas In 2024-2025
The Nsfas bursary is only given to South Africans who fall under the following categories:
- All South African citizens
- All SASSA grant recipients qualify for funding
- Applicants whose combined household income is not more than R350 000 per annum
- A person with a disability: Combined household income must not be more than R600 000 per annum
- Students who started studying before 2018 and whose household income is not more than R122 000 per annum.
How Much Nsfas Scheme Pay in 2024-2025
Apart from that Nsfas pays for the registration fee and tuition fees for university students, they also provide funds for the following:
- Accommodation(As per the actual costs charged by the university (costs for private accommodation must not exceed costs for university residence)
- Transport (up to 40 km from the institution) R7 500 per annum
- Living allowance R15, of 000 per annum
- Book allowances R5200 per annum
- Incidental/personal care allowance of R2900 per annum for students in catered residences
Does NSFAS Pay Full Fees
Read Also:How Many Months Does Nsfas Pay In 2023
Apart from that Nsfas pays for the registration fee and tuition fees for Tvet college students, they also provide funds for the following:
- Accommodation in an urban area is R24,000 per annum
- Accommodation in a peri-urban area R18,900 per annum
- Accommodation in a rural area is R15,750 per annum
- Transport (up to 40 km from the institution) R7,350 per annum
- Transport R7000 per annum
- Incidental/personal care allowance R2900 per annum
For any queries related to this bursary program, please contact NSFAS directly:
- Tel: 0860 067 327
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hope the information given has been helpful to you, leave your comments in the comments section. Better still you can visit the official website of NSFAS for more details.