How Much Does NSFAS Give Students In 2024/2025
How Much Does NSFAS Give Students For Accommodation In 2024/2025
Are you a South African undergraduate student or high school graduate who has submitted a successful NSFAS (National Students Financial Aid Scheme) application? Has it been confirmed that you are selected among the people who are going to receive the funds, do you know how much you are going to receive from Nsfas every month, keep reading, this blog post has enough explanation for you.
The Nsfas allowances given are allocated for the payments of registration fees, tuition fees, transportation, accommodation, meals, etc. Therefore, if you are identified as a beneficiary, a monthly student allowance will be given to you. It should be noted that this normally starts as soon as academic activities pick back up.
Therefore, if your college or university is still out on vacation, you might need to be patient. These allowances are nonetheless paid in cash. As a student, you can receive payment directly using NSFAS Wallet, or your school may do so.
Who Is Qualified to Receive the Nsfas Funds In 2024
The following are the people who qualify for the 2024 Nsfas allowances:
- All South African citizens
- All SASSA grant recipients qualify for funding
- Applicants whose combined household income is not more than R350 000 per annum
- A person with a disability: Combined household income must not be more than R600 000 per annum
- Students who started studying before 2018 and whose household income is not more than R122 000 per annum.
How Much Does Nsfas Give To University Students In 2024-2025
University students who are confirmed by Nsfas for funds will receive the following amounts as allowances every month to pay for the following:
- Accommodation(As per the actual costs charged by the university (costs for private accommodation must not exceed costs for university residence)
- Transport (up to 40 km from the institution) R7 500 per annum
- Living allowance R15, of 000 per annum
- Book allowances R5200 per annum
- Incidental/personal care allowance of R2900 per annum for students in catered residences
Tvet College students who are confirmed by Nsfas for funds will receive the following amounts as allowances every month to pay for the following:
- Accommodation in an urban area is R24,000 per annum
- Accommodation in a peri-urban area R18,900 per annum
- Accommodation in a rural area is R15,750 per annum
- Transport (up to 40 km from the institution) R7,350 per annum
- Transport R7000 per annum
- Incidental/personal care allowance R2900 per annum
For any queries related to this bursary program, please contact NSFAS directly:
- Tel: 0860 067 327
- Email: email@example.com
Hope the information given has been helpful to you, leave your comments in the comments section. Better still you can visit the official website of NSFAS for more details.