How Many Qualifications Does Nsfas Fund In 2024
How Many Qualifications Does Nsfas Fund In 2024; Does Nsfas Fund Diploma
NSFAS is a government entity under the Department of Higher Education and Training established according to the NSFAS Act (Act 56 of 1999) to provide financial support to disadvantaged students who wish to further their studies at public universities or TVET colleges but come from a family with an income of R350 000 or less.
One student will be funded by the National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) for one qualification at one institution during a specific academic year. NSFAS provides funding for postgraduate students who are reading for a second degree. NSFAS support for second qualifications, however, is only available for a few particular programs.
If you want to be funded by Nsfas in the year 2024 to pursue a qualification of your choice, you must enroll in any of the public Tvet Colleges or Universities of South Africa. Applications for 2024-2025 are currently open to the general prospective South African students to apply from the 21st of November 2023 through to the 31st of January 2024. Does Nsfas Fund Diploma
How Many Second Qualifications Does Nsfas Fund In 2024
All of the postgraduate degrees that the National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) funds are listed below:
- B Tech – Biokinetics/Biomedical Technology/Biotechnology
- B Tech – Chiropractic
- B Tech – Architecture/Architectural Technology
- B Tech – Emergency Medical Care
- B Tech – Clinical Technology/Dental Technology
- B Tech – Homeopathy
- B Tech – Forestry
- B Tech – Engineering (Civil/Chemical/Refractories/Electrical/Mechanical/Industrial/Metallurgy/Mechatronics)
- B Tech – Nursing (Primary Health Nursing/Nursing Science/Community Nursing/Occupational Nursing)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Accounting
- Postgraduate Certificate in Education
- Bachelor of Laws/LLB
How Many Qualifications Does Nsfas Not Fund In 2024
All of the postgraduate degrees that the National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) does not fund are listed here.
- Masters Degrees
- PhD Degrees
- Postgraduate Diplomas
- Honours Degrees
Does Nsfas Fund Diploma
What Does The NSFAS Cover In 2024
The following expenses may be covered by 2024 Nsfas funds:
- Accommodation(As per the actual costs charged by the university (costs for private accommodation must not exceed costs for university residence)
- Transport (up to 40 km from the institution) R7 500 per annum
- Living allowance R15, of 000 per annum
- Book allowances R5200 per annum
- Incidental/personal care allowance of R2900 per annum for students in catered residences
- Accommodation in an urban area is R24,000 per annum
- Accommodation in a peri-urban area R18,900 per annum
- Accommodation in a rural area is R15,750 per annum
- Transport (up to 40 km from the institution) R7,350 per annum
- Transport R7000 per annum
- Incidental/personal care allowance R2900 per annum
Application Requirements Needed To Apply When NSFAS Opens Again In 2024-2025
Make sure you have the following supporting documentation on hand before completing your application as all applicants must provide these to be eligible for the funding. Applications lacking these materials won’t be accepted:
- South African ID document (this can include any of the following):
- copy of green ID document
- temporary ID from the DHA
- copy of both sides of the Smart ID card
- unbridged birth certificate
- Non-SASSA grant applicants: Parents, guardians, or spouse ID documents (copies only)
- Own, parents, guardians, or spouse proof of income, if a non-SASSA applicant (this can include any of the following):
- latest payslip if employed (not older than 3 months)
- UIF letter
- employment letter
- retrenchment letter, if a non-SASSA applicant
- Students with disabilities: complete and sign the Disability Annexure A Form
- Students who are recognized as Vulnerable Children by the Department of Social Development: complete and sign the Vulnerable Child
- Declaration Form
How To Apply For Nsfas When Nsfas Opens Again For 2024
Do you want to apply for Nsfas in the year 2024, kindly follow the steps aligned below:
- Visit NSFAS Application 2024 website: www.nsfas.org.za
- Then, you click on the ‘myNSFAS’ tab.
- Create a myNSFAS account.
- Click on the ‘APPLY’ tab.
- Update your personal information.
- Answer the questions you see on the screen.
- Upload all the required supporting documents.
- Finally, click on submit
For any queries related to this bursary program, please contact NSFAS directly:
- Tel: 0860 067 327
- Email: email@example.com
Hope the information given has been helpful to you, leave your comments in the comments section. Better still you can visit the official website of NSFAS for more details.